Goal of USPCAS-AFS
The major goal of USPCAS-AFS is to build the capacity of UAF to find innovative solutions to solve national and global challenges related to food, agriculture, and environment through excellence in education, research, outreach and policy support.
- To build the capacity of UAF to produce the highest quality workforce in the fields of food and agricultural production
- To bridge the gap of academic research with industry and government
- To conduct client oriented applied research in focus areas to ensure sustainable agriculture and food security
- To provide opportunities to talented but economically and culturally disadvantaged students to higher education
- To perform curricular reforms to offer the most relevant educational programs